- eBook:Appcelerator Titanium Smartphone App Development Cookbook - Second Edition
- Author:Jason Kneen
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:November 30, 2015
- Pages:368 pages
About This Book
- Leverage your jаvascript skills to write mobile applications using Titanium Studio tools with the native advantage
- Deploy your application on the App Store and Google Play
- Add your own IOS native modules in objective-C, in an easy-to-follow step-by-step format
Who This Book Is ForThis book is an essential for any developer learning or using jаvascript who wants to write native UI applications for iOS and Android. No knowledge of Objective-C, Swift and Java is required and you'll quickly be developing native, cross-platform apps, in jаvascript!
What You Will Learn
- Transfer data between applications with URL schemes, and make your application accessible to other mobile applications and services
- Connect with remote services using JSON
- Work with Google Maps and Apple Maps, GPS and annotate routes
- Create animations and special effects
- Integrate notifications and connect with social media services such as Facebook and Twitter
- Build applications with Alloy MVC – a rapid application development framework
- Design native APIs and use local databases
In DetailThe mobile web has paved the way but many users want to have “native” applications installed. Using Appcelerator as a platform it's now possible to write iOS, Android, and Windows phone applications in jаvascript! It allows developers to develop fully native UI applications using Appcelerator studio tools without any knowledge of Objective-C, Swift or Java.
This book will take you through the process of building cross-platform, native UI applications for the mobile from scratch. You will learn how to develop apps, how to use GPS, cameras and photos and how to build socially connected apps. You will also learn how to package them for submission to the App Store and Google Play.
This cookbook takes a pragmatic approach to creating applications in jаvascript from putting together basic UIs, to handling events and implementation of third party services such as Twitter, Facebook and Push notifications. The book shows you how to integrate datasources and server APIs, and how to use local databases. The topics covered will guide you to use Appcelerator Studio tools for all the mobile features such as Geolocation, Accelerometer, animation and more. You'll also learn about Alloy, the Appcelerator MVC framework for rapid app development, and how to transfer data between applications using URLSchemes, enabling other developers to access and launch specific parts of your app.
Finally, you will learn how to register developer accounts and publish your very own applications on the App Store and Google Play.
Style and approachThis book offers a set of practical recipes with a step-by-step approach for building native applications for both the iOS and Android using jаvascript. This hands-on guide shows you exactly how to use the Appcelerator platform to rapidly develop cross-platform, native apps.
Download Appcelerator Titanium Smartphone App Development Cookbook - Second Edition PDF or ePUB format free