- eBook:Appcelerator Titanium Smartphone App Development Cookbook
- Author:Boydlee Pollentine
- Data:December 16, 2011
- Pages:308 pages
- Leverage your jаvascript skills to write mobile applications using Titanium Studio tools with the native advantage!
- Extend the Titanium platform with your own native modules
- A practical guide for packaging and submitting your apps to both the iTunes store and Android Marketplace
- Part of Packt's Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
- Design compelling interfaces using native components
- Consume remote data sources using both XML and JSON
- Utilize SQLite to leverage local data capture and offline storage
- Integrate with Google Maps and learn how to draw routes, use the compass, create annotations and more
- Create brilliant layout effects using animations and transitions
- Integrate with social media such as Twitter and Facebook
- Integrate with third party services including FourSquare and Urban Airship Push notifications
- Take full advantage of your device's camera and audio capture capabilities
Written in a cookbook style, this book offers solutions using a recipe-based approach. Each recipe contains step-by-step instructions followed by an analysis of what was done in each task and other useful information. The cookbook approach means you can dive into whatever recipes you want in no particular order.
Who this book is written for
This book is an essential for any developer who possesses some jаvascript or web development knowledge and wishes to take a leap into building native applications for both the iPhone and Android. No knowledge of Objective C and Java is required.
In DetailAppcelerator Titanium Mobile allows developers to realize their potential to develop full native iPhone and Android applications by using free Titanium Studio tools without the need to know Objective-C or Java. This practical hands-on cookbook shows you exactly how to leverage the Titanium API to its full advantage and become confident in developing mobile applications in no time at all.
Appcelerator Titanium Smartphone App Development Cookbook offers a set of practical and clear recipes with a step-by-step approach for building native applications for both the iPhone and Android platforms using your existing knowledge of jаvascript.
This cookbook takes a pragmatic approach to using your jаvascript knowledge to create applications for the iPhone and Android platforms, from putting together basic UIs to handling events and implementation of third party services such Twitter, Facebook and Push notifications. This book shows you how to utilize both remote and local datasources using XML, JSON and the SQLite database system. The topics covered will guide you to use popular Titanium Studio tools effectively and help you leverage all the advanced mobile features such as Geolocation, Accelerometer, animation and more. Finally, you'll learn how to register developer accounts and how to publish your very own apps to the Android and Apple marketplaces.
Download Appcelerator Titanium Smartphone App Development Cookbook PDF or ePUB format free