- eBook:Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing
- Author:Robert W. Beggs
- Data:June 24, 2014
- Pages:325 pages
About This Book
- Conduct realistic and effective security tests on your network
- Demonstrate how key data systems are stealthily exploited, and learn how to identify attacks against your own systems
- Use hands-on techniques to take advantage of Kali Linux, the open source framework of security tools
Who This Book Is ForIf you are an IT professional or a security consultant who wants to maximize the success of your network testing using some of the advanced features of Kali Linux, then this book is for you. This book will teach you how to become an expert in the pre-engagement, management, and documentation of penetration testing by building on your understanding of Kali Linux and wireless concepts.
What You Will Learn
- Employ the methods used by real hackers effectively, to ensure the most effective penetration testing of your network
- Select and configure the most effective tools from Kali Linux to test network security
- Employ stealth to avoid detection in the network being tested
- Recognize when stealthy attacks are being used against your network
- Exploit networks and data systems using wired and wireless networks as well as web services
- Identify and download valuable data from target systems
- Maintain access to compromised systems
- Use social engineering to compromise the weakest part of the network—the end users
In DetailMastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing will teach you the kill chain perspective in assessing network security—from selecting the most effective tools, to rapidly compromising network security, to highlighting the techniques used to avoid detection.
This book will take you, as a tester, through the reconnaissance, exploitation, and post-exploitation activities used by penetration testers and hackers. After learning the hands-on techniques to perform an effective and covert attack, specific routes to the target will be examined, including bypassing physical security. You will also get to grips with concepts such as social engineering, attacking wireless networks, web services, and remote access connections. Finally, you will focus on the most vulnerable part of the network—directly attacking the end user.
This book will provide all the practical knowledge needed to test your network's security using a proven hacker's methodology.
Download Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing PDF or ePUB format free