- eBook:Gideros Mobile Game Development
- Author:Arturs Sosins
- Data:November 13, 2013
- Pages:154 pages
- Develop engaging iOS and Android mobile games quickly and efficiently
- Build your very first game following practical and easy to understand instructions
- Full of code examples and descriptions to help you master the basics of mobile game development
Have you ever had an interesting idea for a mobile game? Have you ever wanted to jump on the mobile app bandwagon? Developing a mobile game has never been so fun and easy, and with the vast amount of smartphone users, it may also become a profitable thing to do. Gideros is a Lua-based framework that facilitates effortless native iOS and Android application development along with hardware acceleration. Gideros also comes with a built-in box2D physics engine and extended memory management features to make mobile game development a breeze.
Gideros Mobile Game Development shows you how to develop an original and exciting game in Gideros, helping you create your very first project and guiding you through the configuration of settings and assets to help you target devices with different resolutions.
This book teaches you everything you need to know about Gideros, from installing Gideros on your operating system to creating and efficiently managing your Gideros projects and creating your very first game, all with the help of well explained examples.
You will learn how to quickly create game prototypes in Gideros, how to test and set up projects to automatically target devices with different resolutions, and how to polish your prototype with animations, sounds, tweens, and even physics to create your very first cross-platform game.
By the end of this book, you will have learned everything you need to create visually stunning physics and exciting cross-platform games using Gideros.
What you will learn from this book
- Install Gideros and set up one-click, on-device testing
- Divide games into logical scenes for proper asset end memory management
- Use the built-in physics engine inside Gideros
- Implement pack, level, and level progression logic
- Manage background music and sound effects
- Use tweens and animations
- Manage highscores for your players
This book is a detailed guide to create and deploy mobile games on multiple mobile platforms with an emphasis on practical examples that help you learn how to make your own games quickly and efficiently.
Who this book is written for
This book is for developers who are new to mobile game development or who have tried the native development of mobile games and want a simpler, faster tool that can support a wide variety of platforms and devices. Readers are expected to be at least partially familiar with the Lua game scripting language that Gideros uses for its scripts.
Download Gideros Mobile Game Development PDF or ePUB format free