- eBook:Learning Gerrit Code Review
- Author:Luca Milanesio
- Data:September 2, 2013
- Pages:144 pages
- Understand the concepts of collective code review using Gerrit through a set of simple examples
- Integrate code review functionality into Continuous Integration with Jenkins
- Experiment with the code review lifecycle in real-life scenarios
Developing software is now more than ever before a globally distributed activity: agile methodologies that worked well enough with co-located teams now need to be empowered with additional tools such as Gerrit code review to allow the developers to share, discuss, and cooperate in a more social way, even with GitHub.
Learning Gerrit Code Review is a practical guide that provides you with step-by-step instructions for the installation, configuration, and use of Gerrit code review. Using this book speeds up your adoption of Gerrit through the use of a unique, consolidated set of recipes ready to be used for LDAP authentication and to integrate Gerrit with Jenkins and GitHub.
Learning Gerrit Code Review looks at the workflow benefits of code review in an agile development team, breaks it down into simple steps, and puts it into action without any hassle. It will guide you through the installation steps of Gerrit by showing you the most typical setup and configuration schemes used in private networks.
You will also learn how to effectively use Gerrit with GitHub in order to provide the ability to add more consistent code review functionality to the social collaboration tools provided by the GitHub platform. Using the two tools together, you will be able to reuse your existing accounts and integrate your GitHub community into the development lifecycle while keeping in touch with external contributors.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Gerrit in a default standalone configuration
- Understand how to leverage the benefits of code review in your development team
- Integrate Gerrit with popular LDAP registries such as Active Directory
- Configure OpenID authentication over the Internet
- Understand Gerrit project security and how to set up defaults, roles, and permissions
A practical and a fast paced guide that gives you all the information you need to make software development more cooperative and social.
Who this book is written for
This book is written for team leaders and developers who wish to reap the benefit of Gerrit and improve collaboration by introducing code review practices.
Download Learning Gerrit Code Review PDF or ePUB format free