- eBook:Web Development with Django Cookbook - Second Edition
- Author:Aidas Bendoraitis
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:January 28, 2016
- Pages:384 pages
- This is the latest book on the market that will help you take advantage of the new features added to Django 1.8
- This book consists of recipes of varying complexities to help you create multilingual, responsive, and scalable websites with Django
- This updated edition teaches you major Django functions and will help you improve your skills by developing models, forms, views, and templates
Book DescriptionDjango is a web framework that was designed to strike a balance between rapid web development and high performance. It has the capacity to handle applications with high levels of user traffic and interaction, and can integrate with massive databases on the backend, constantly collecting and processing data in real time.
Through this book, you'll discover that collecting data from different sources and providing it to others in different formats isn't as difficult as you thought. It follows a task-based approach to guide you through all the web development processes using the Django framework. We'll start by setting up the virtual environment for a Django project and configuring it. Then you'll learn to write reusable pieces of code for your models and find out how to manage database schema changes using South migrations. After that, we'll take you through working with forms and views to enter and list data. With practical examples on using templates and jаvascript together, you will discover how to create the best user experience. In the final chapters, you'll be introduced to some programming and debugging tricks and finally, you will be shown how to test and deploy the project to a remote dedicated server.
By the end of this book, you will have a good understanding of the new features added to Django 1.8 and be an expert at web development processes.
What you will learn
- Get started with the basic configuration necessary to start any Django project
- Build a database structure out of reusable model mixins
- Manage forms and views and get to know some useful patterns that are used to create them
- Create handy template filters and tags that you can reuse in every project
- Integrate your own functionality into the Django CMS
- Manage hierarchical structures with MPTT
- Import data from local sources and external web services as well as exporting your data to third parties
- Implement a multilingual search with Haystack
- Test and deploy your project efficiently
Download Web Development with Django Cookbook - Second Edition PDF or ePUB format free