- eBook:Getting Started with OUYA
- Author:Ruben Hoyos, Robinson Moncada
- Data:April 26, 2014
- Pages:116 pages
About This Book
- Learn the basic principles of game development for the OUYA console
- Get to know the business model, content types, and specifications of the OUYA console
- Develop your first project for the OUYA console
Who This Book Is ForIf you want to explore the development of games for the OUYA console, this is the book for you. From beginners to advanced users, the book allows developers to address various issues related to development projects for the OUYA console.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know about the origins of the OUYA console and its technical specifications
- Set up and configure the prerequisites needed to prepare the OUYA development environment.
- Set up two controllers, data storage, graphical optimization models, and textures
- Install the OUYA SDK (ODK) and the entire development environment (including the emulator and Unity3D)
- Configure the controls for your OUYA console
- Learn more about the business models commonly used on OUYA, and get an introduction to the ways you can monetize your games
- Get a glimpse into the future of the console, including new periphrals, new interfaces, and new display devices
In DetailThe OUYA console is a fully customizable open source indie console, which is based on the Android operating system and equipped with the powerful Tegra 3 graphics processor. It provides unprecedented levels of performance for an open source console, and is a new open platform for game developers, offering them the freedom to build and publish games on their own.
This book is a practical guide that will help you learn more about the OUYA console. From setting up a developer account to developing your first game, right up to publishing your game on the OUYA marketplace, this book guides you through the whole process of OUYA game development. You will also learn how to configure the OUYA development environment, including the OUYA Development Kit, emulators, and Unity3D. Getting Started with OUYA provides users with the basics of developing games for the console, and also gives them a glimpse into what the future has in store for the platform.
Download Getting Started with OUYA PDF or ePUB format free