- eBook:Developing AR Games for iOS and Android
- Author:Dominic Cushnan, Hassan EL Habbak
- Data:September 24, 2013
- Pages:130 pages
- Deploy full augmented reality experiences on iOS and Android
- Build a fully-functional augmented reality game and deploy it on iOS and Android
- Achieve better trackable performance for a robust experience
- Understand the prefabs and components that make up Vuforia SDK
- Explore the Unity environment to maximize your game development experience
While augmented reality has been around for years, it has never reached its full potential. Now, the vast majority of people are walking around with powerful smartphones that are perfectly suited to house the AR experience. This is the reason why the technology has become as popular as it is now. Augmented reality can deliver a level of immersion that is unrivalled by any other method of development, as it blends our reality with overlaid computer generated data.
Developing AR Games for iOS and Android is a well-structured guide that introduces you to the augmented reality world using a step-by-step approach. It will help you understand how to create powerful AR apps using Unity as well as how to create immersive experiences for users.
Developing AR Games for iOS and Android examines the structures of Vuforia and Unity and how they work together to create augmented reality. The book will introduce you to the structure of the Unity environment and how Vuforia facilitates creating AR apps.You will also see how easy it is to build a whole world in Unity's Editor. You will go through the process of using Vuforia prefabs like the AR camera and Image Target in Unity, where you can build the AR experience in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get fashion.
In Developing AR Games for iOS and Android, you will learn both basic and advanced techniques that can be applied to achieve truly immersive AR apps and then how to deploy them on iOS and Android devices.
What you will learn from this book
- Import your assets and packages in a Unity environment
- Create perfect Image Targets for AR tracking
- Understand how to deploy to iOS and Android from Unity
- Add colliders to a scene and learn how to respond to events on them
- Add forces to objects in a scene in a seamless physics-based environment
- Learn about transformation and positioning in Unity
- Listen to Vuforia events and respond to them
A practical and fast-paced guide that gives you all the information you need to start developing augmented reality games for iOS and Android.
Who this book is written for
This book is great for people who are either new to Vuforia and/or new to Unity. It is a great introductory guide for anyone with a very basic knowledge of xCode and iOS as well as a very basic knowledge of deploying to Android to start developing 3D-powered augmented reality apps.
Download Developing AR Games for iOS and Android PDF or ePUB format free