- eBook:Fix Your Own Computer For Seniors For Dummies
- Author:Corey Sandler
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:December 30, 2009
- Pages:388 pages
When something goes wrong with your computer, it's frustrating and potentially expensive. With Fix Your Own Computer For Seniors For Dummies, you can find out what's wrong, how to fix it, whether you need to call in professional help, and how to practice preventive maintenance.
This friendly guide avoids techie jargon and shows you how to diagnose the problem, find out whether the software or hardware is at fault, make simple repairs, and add external devices such as scanners, printers, and hard drives. It also helps you maintain your computer through basic steps like defragmenting the hard drive and cleaning out files - techniques that can prevent a lot of problems from occurring in the first place.
- Written specifically for first-time computer users, this book explains how to diagnose basic PC problems, understand error messages, and fix common issues
- Specific step-by-step procedures guide you through basic repairs such as replacing the hard drive
- Explains common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Outlines the steps for preventive maintenance, such as how to defragment the hard drive, clean files, delete old files, and organize files
- Explores ways to expand and enhance a computer with external devices including hard drives, Web cameras, Web phones, scanners, printers, flash drives and other hardware
- Shows what you can fix yourself and when to seek help from a repair service or the manufacturer
Download Fix Your Own Computer For Seniors For Dummies PDF or ePUB format free