- eBook:watchOS by Tutorials Third Edition: Making Apple Watch Apps with watchOS 4 and Swift 4, 3rd Edition
- Author:Ehab Amer, Scott Atkinson, Soheil Azarpour, Matthew Morey, Ben Morrow, Audrey Tam
- Edition:3 edition
- Data:November 16, 2017
- Pages:536 pages
With the announcement of watchOS 4, Apple is clearly striving to make the Apple watch as independent of your iPhone as possible. Now you can build apps that interact even more deeply with the rich features and hardware features of watchOS 4. In this book, you’ll learn how to make native apps for watchOS 4 the quick and easy way: through a series of fun and easy-to-read tutorials.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for intermediate iOS developers who already know the basics of iOS and Swift 4 development but want to learn how to make Apple Watch apps for watchOS 4.
Topics Covered in watchOS by Tutorials
- Hello, Apple Watch!: Dive straight in and build your first watchOS app.
- Designing Great Watch Apps: Make your apps stand out from the rest by making them glanceable, actionable and responsive.
- Layout: Learn the layout system you’ll use to build the interfaces for your watchOS apps.
- Tables: Tables are the staple ingredient of almost any watchOS app — learn how to use them!
- Digital Crown and Gesture Recognition: Explore the rich set of physical interactions with the Watch, including the Digital Crown, pan gestures and force touch!
- Snapshot API: Glances are out, snapshots are in. Learn how to make your app appear in the new Dock and update the icon dynamically!
- Notifications: Get a complete overview of what watchOS has to offer — support for several different types of notifications!
- Complications: Learn how to make small elements of your app visible on the watch face.
- And much more: Audio and Video, Core Motion, Handoff, HealthKit, Core Location, Networking, Haptic Feedback, and more!
Chapter 2: Designing Great Watch Apps
Chapter 3: Architecture
Chapter 4: UI Controls
Chapter 5: Pickers
Chapter 6: Layout
Chapter 7: Tables
Chapter 8: Navigation
Chapter 9: Digital Crown and Gesture Recognizers
Chapter 10: Snapshot API
Chapter 11: Networking
Chapter 12: Animation
Chapter 13: CloudKit
Chapter 14: Notifications
Chapter 15: Complications
Chapter 16: Watch Connectivity
Chapter 17: Audio Recording
Chapter 18: Interactive Animation with SpriteKit and SceneKit
Chapter 19: Advanced Watch Connectivity
Chapter 20: Advanced Complications
Chapter 21: Handoff Video Playback
Chapter 22: Core Motion
Chapter 23: HealthKit
Chapter 24: Core Location
Chapter 25: Core Bluetooth
Chapter 26: Localization
Chapter 27: Accessibility
Download watchOS by Tutorials Third Edition: Making Apple Watch Apps with watchOS 4 and Swift 4, 3rd Edition PDF or ePUB format free