- eBook:Solidity Programming Essentials: A beginner's guide to build smart contracts for Ethereum and blockchain
- Author:Ritesh Modi
- Data:April 20, 2018
- Pages:222 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Get up and running with the Solidity programming language
- Use Solidity as a scripting language to build smart contracts in Ethereum
- Learn to test and deploy smart contracts to your private blockchain
Book DescriptionSolidity is a contract-oriented language with a syntax that is highly influenced by jаvascript, and designed to compile code for the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). Solidity Programming Essentials is your guide to understanding Solidity programming to build smart contracts for Ethereum and blockchain from ground-up.
The book will begin by taking you through concepts like blockchain, and Ethereum, in addition to highlighting their most important components. Next, you'll delve into the technicalities of installing the necessary tools to write, test, and debug Solidity contracts on Ethereum. You'll then go on to explore the layout of a Solidity source file and work with the different data types. The next set of recipes will help you to work with operators, control structures, and data structures while building your smart contracts. As you progress further, you'll study function calls, return types, function modifiers, and recipes in object-oriented programming with Solidity. You'll also get well-versed with event logging, exception handling, and testing and debugging smart contracts.
By the end of this book, you'll not only have knowledge of Ethereum and blockchain concepts, but also be able to write, deploy, and test smart contracts in Ethereum.
What you will learn
- Study the basics and foundational concepts of Solidity and Ethereum
- Explore programming in Solidity and its various nuances
- Create new accounts and submit transactions to blockchain
- Understand the language to write smart contracts
- Discover the major tools for developing and deploying smart contracts
- Write defensive code using exception handling and error checking
- Understand Truffle basics and the debugging process
Who This Book Is ForThis beginner-level book is for anyone who wants to get started with Solidity programming for developing Ethereum smart contracts. No prior knowledge of Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) is required.
Chapter 2: Installing Ethereum and Solidity
Chapter 3: Introducing Solidity
Chapter 4: Global Variables and Functions
Chapter 5: Expressions and Control Structures
Chapter 6: Writing Smart Contracts
Chapter 7: Functions, Modifiers, and Fallbacks
Chapter 8: Exceptions, Events, and Logging
Chapter 9: Truffle Basics and Unit Testing
Chapter 10: Debugging Contracts