- eBook:How to Make a Game: Go From Idea to Publication Avoiding the Common Pitfalls Along the Way
- Author:Minhaz-Us-Salakeen Fahme, Tanimul Haque Khan
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:June 8, 2021
- Pages:298 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
We start with the common difficulties and challenges, ways to find the gaps, and game design. Next, we discuss game engines and other tools you need to choose while making a game, how you should choose them, and the design documents you need to make. We also cover simple but important tweaks in game mechanics as well as the look and feel of your game. We will also discuss conventions for naming, code structuring, project structuring, and coding.
Your thought process will be guided in a way that you can look for the proper approach to make a successful game. The book sheds light upon how to improve the overall game experience and finalize the game for release. Along the journey, we will explore some interesting stories of games and mythology as well.
By the end of the book, you will know about the basic life cycle of a game development process and how to not make a game.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the fundamentals of game design
- See some intermediate coding tricks to make your games better
- Grasp the pitfalls to avoid while designing and programming games
- Master the different conventions and practices for file naming and structuring your projects
People who want to make games. Basic programming experience is assumed.
Chapter 2: The Fault in Our Stars
Chapter 3: Don’t Reinvent the Wheel
Chapter 4: Choose Your Arsenal
Chapter 5: It’s All in My Head: Writing a Game Design Document
Chapter 6: A Stitch in Time Saves Nine
Chapter 7: Git Good
Chapter 8: Get Smart: Good Programming Practices
Chapter 9: Game Design - The Three Musketeers!
Chapter 10: Game Feels and Effects
Chapter 11: Help!
Chapter 12: Input Matters
Chapter 13: Choosing a Platform
Chapter 14: Game Testing and Publishing - The Great Filter
Chapter 15: Game Over - The Myth of Sisyphus