- eBook:The Fast-Track Guide to VXLAN BGP EVPN Fabrics: Implement Today’s Multi-Tenant Software-Defined Networks
- Author:Rene Cardona
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:June 2, 2021
- Pages:263 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Using this book, you will understand Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) as a technology that combines network virtualization and service provider class network attributes to solve the performance and scalability limitations in a three-tier design. You will learn to combine multiple links and provide equal-cost multipathing to effortlessly scale speed requirements without being worried about potential loops.
You will learn VXLAN BGP EVPN configuration procedures with graphical step-by-step examples. You will be introduced to foundational concepts in VXLAN without the need to go over hundreds of documentation pages. This book is a clear and precise guide to implementing a spine and leaf architecture running with VXLAN. It explains how to perform day-to-day maintenance and administration tasks after implementing your first VXLAN fabric. It also explains how to integrate external devices such as firewalls, routers, and load balancers to VXLAN; how to leverage your VXLAN fabric; and how to create multiple tenant networks to secure your critical infrastructure.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the advantages of a VXLAN spine and leaf fabric over a traditional three-tier network design
- Work with the BGP L2VPN EVPN control plane VXLAN
- Examine the purpose of underlay and overlay in VXLAN
- Use multitenancy and tenant anycast gateways
- Connect your VXLAN fabric to external networks
Senior network engineers, solutions architects, and data center engineers.
Chapter 2: Logical Components of a VXLAN BGP EVPN Spine-and-Leaf Architecture
Chapter 3: Encapsulating Layer 2 over Layer 3 with VXLAN
Chapter 4: VXLAN Fabric Features and Functionalities
Chapter 5: VXLAN Fabric to External Network Connectivity
Chapter 6: VXLAN Fabric Topology Designs
Chapter 7: VXLAN BGP EVPN Fabric Configuration Templates