- eBook:TIBCO Spotfire: A Comprehensive Primer: Building enterprise-grade data analytics and visualization solutions, 2nd Edition
- Author:Andrew Berridge, Michael Phillips
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:April 30, 2019
- Pages:578 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Get to grips with a variety of TIBCO Spotfire features to create professional applications
- Use different data and visualization techniques to build interactive analyses.
- Simplify BI processes and understand data analysis and visualization
Book DescriptionThe need for agile business intelligence (BI) is growing daily, and TIBCO Spotfire® combines self-service features with essential enterprise governance and scaling capabilities to provide best-practice analytics solutions. Spotfire is easy and intuitive to use and is a rewarding environment for all BI users and analytics developers.
Starting with data and visualization concepts, this book takes you on a journey through increasingly advanced topics to help you work toward becoming a professional analytics solution provider. Examples of analyzing real-world data are used to illustrate how to work with Spotfire. Once you've covered the AI-driven recommendations engine, you'll move on to understanding Spotfire's rich suite of visualizations and when, why and how you should use each of them. In later chapters, you'll work with location analytics, advanced analytics using TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R®, how to decide whether to use in-database or in-memory analytics, and how to work with streaming (live) data in Spotfire. You'll also explore key product integrations that significantly enhance Spotfire's capabilities.This book will enable you to exploit the advantages of the Spotfire serve topology and learn how to make practical use of scheduling and routing rules.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to build and use powerful analytics dashboards and applications, perform spatial analytics, and be able to administer your Spotfire environment efficiently
What you will learn
- Work with Spotfire on its web, Cloud, PC, Mac and mobile clients
- Deploy Spotfire's suite of visualization types effectively and intelligently
- Build user-friendly analytics frameworks and analytics applications
- Explore Spotfire's predictive analytics capabilities
- Use Spotfire's location analytics capabilities to create interactive spatial analyses
- Write IronPython scripts with the Spotfire API
- Learn the different ways Spotfire can be deployed and administered
Who this book is forIf you are a business intelligence or data professional, this book will give you a solid grounding in the use of TIBCO Spotfire. This book requires no prior knowledge of Spotfire or any basic data and visualization concepts.
Chapter 1: Welcome to Spotfire
Chapter 2: It's All About the Data
Chapter 3: Impactful Dashboards!
Chapter 4: Sharing Insights and Collaborating with Others
Section 2: Spotfire In Depth
Chapter 5: Practical Applications of Spotfire Visualizations
Chapter 6: The Big Wide World of Spotfire
Chapter 7: Source Data is Never Enough
Chapter 8: The World is Your Visualization
Chapter 9: What's Your Location?
Section 3: Databases, Scripting, and Scaling Spotfire
Chapter 10: Information Links and Data Connectors
Chapter 11: Scripting, Advanced Analytics, and Extensions
Chapter 12: Scaling the Infrastructure; Keeping Data up to Date
Chapter 13: Beyond the Horizon