- eBook:Getting Started with WidgetKit: Create Widgets for iOS and iPadOS
- Author:Sagun Raj Lage, Prakshapan Shrestha
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:June 1, 2021
- Pages:157 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Join us in this exciting journey as we explore the APIs introduced in Apple’s WidgetKit framework. You'll dive into the human interface guidelines (HIG) for creating widgets and review the recommendations Apple gives to developers for developing widgets with intuitive, easy-to-learn, and consistent user interfaces. In addition, you’ll take a look at some SwiftUI views that are useful not only in creating widgets for iOS apps, but also for creating iOS apps themselves.
You’ll put everything you learn into practical application by actually writing code and creating widgets. Get a clear view of how everything works so that you’re able to incorporate widgets into your real-world projects authentically and successfully.
What You'll Learn
- Configure widgets and make them talk to APIs using URLSession
- Work with timelines and event handling in widgets
- Fetch content from a remote server and display the data in a widget
- Make content dynamic both remotely and locally
iOS developers working in the Apple ecosystem with a basic understanding of SwiftUI.
Chapter 2: SwiftUI, Human Interface Guidelines, and Widget Family
Chapter 3: Writing Your First Widget
Chapter 4: Making Widgets Configurable and Interactive
Chapter 5: Fetching Configuration Options