- eBook:Jumpstart Jamstack Development: Build and deploy modern websites and web apps using Gatsby, Netlify, and Sanity
- Author:Christopher Pecoraro, Vincenzo Gambino
- Data:June 9, 2021
- Pages:314 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Understand how jаvascript integrates with reusable application program interfaces (APIs) and browser markup to build a serverless web application
- Gain a solid understanding of static site development with Gatsby and its importance in Jamstack
- Find out how to deploy a Jamstack event website directly from GitHub using Netlify
Book DescriptionThe Jamstack (jаvascript, API, and Markup) enables web developers to create and publish modern and maintainable websites and web apps focused on speed, security, and accessibility by using tools such as Gatsby, Sanity, and Netlify. Developers working with the Jamstack will be able to put their knowledge to good use with this practical guide to static site generation and content management. This Jamstack book takes a hands-on approach to implementation and related methodologies that will have you up and running with modern web development in no time.
Complete with step-by-step explanations of essential concepts, practical examples, and self-assessment questions, you'll begin by building an event and venue schema structure, and then expand the functionality, exploring all that Jamstack has to offer. You'll learn how an example Jamstack is built, build structured content using a schema, use GraphQL to expose the content, and employ Gatsby to build an event website using page and template components. Lastly, you'll deploy the website to a Netlify server.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained the knowledge and skills you need to install, configure, build, extend, and deploy a simple events website by using the Jamstack.
What you will learn
- Discover the Jamstack approach and build speedy, secure, and accessible websites and web apps with its component technologies
- Build an events website by using the Jamstack and the Gatsby static site generator
- Create and modify your templates and pages to build creative web apps
- Build, modify, and extend structured content schemas in Sanity
- Understand Gatsby plugins, project structure, and files, and how it can be used to build Jamstack apps
- Find out how GatsbyJS uses GraphQL to source content
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for web developers looking to implement Jamstack practically. jаvascript developers who want to build modern speedy and secure web apps will also find this book useful. Familiarity with jаvascript and Database programming is assumed.
2. Introduction to Sanity
3. Exploring Sanity Studio
4. Sanity Configuration and Schemas
5. Sanity's GROQ Language
6. Sanity's GraphQL Playground
7. Gatsby – An Introduction
8. Gatsby and GraphQL
9. Gatsby Source Plugins
10. Building Gatsby Components
11. APIs – Extending Gatsby
12. APIs – Alexa Skills
13. Tying It All Together
14. Deployment Using Netlify and Azure