- eBook:Mastering TypeScript: Build enterprise-ready, modular web applications using TypeScript 4 and modern frameworks, 4th Edition
- Author:Nathan Rozentals
- Edition:4 edition
- Data:May 11, 2021
- Pages:503 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Explore TypeScript 4's key elements and advanced language features
- Use TypeScript with modern frameworks such as Angular, Vue, React, RxJS and Node
- Understand TDD, serverless techniques, micro frontends, and other industry-standard best practices to create high-quality and modular apps
Book DescriptionTypeScript is both a language and a set of tools to generate jаvascript. It was designed by Anders Hejlsberg at Microsoft to help developers write enterprise-scale jаvascript.
Using a fast-paced, but easy-to-follow set of code samples, this fourth edition will get you up and running with Typescript quickly, introduce core concepts, and then build on this knowledge to understand, and then apply more advanced language features.
Mastering TypeScript also covers a variety of modern jаvascript and TypeScript frameworks and compares their respective strengths and weaknesses. As you advance through this TypeScript book, you'll explore Angular, React, Vue, RxJs, Express, Node and others. You'll get up to speed with unit and integration testing, data transformation, serverless technologies, and asynchronous programming. You’ll also learn how to integrate with existing jаvascript libraries, control your compiler options, and use decorators and generics.
By the end of the book, you will have built a comprehensive set of web applications using Angular, React and Vue, finally integrating them into a single cohesive website, using micro frontend techniques. Mastering TypeScript is about learning the language, understanding when to apply its features, and then selecting the right framework that is the perfect fit for your real-world project.
What you will learn
- Gain insights into core and advanced TypeScript language features
- Integrate with existing jаvascript libraries and third-party frameworks
- Build full working applications using jаvascript frameworks, such as Angular, React, Vue and more
- Create test suites for your application with Jest and Selenium
- Apply industry standard design patterns to build modular code
- Develop web server solutions using Node and Express
- Design and implement serverless API solutions
- Explore micro front-end technologies and techniques
Who This Book Is ForThis book serves as a guide for beginners, as well as providing practical insights and techniques for experienced jаvascript and TypeScript programmers. No prior knowledge of jаvascript is required.
If you are keen to learn TypeScript, this book will give you all the necessary knowledge and skills to tackle any TypeScript project. It will also give you an understanding of what application frameworks are out there, and which one to choose for your next project. If you are already an experienced jаvascript or TypeScript developer, then this book will take your skills to the next level.
Chapter 2: Exploring the Type System
Chapter 3: Interfaces, Classes, Inheritance, and Modules
Chapter 4: Generics and Advanced Type Inference
Chapter 5: Asynchronous Language Features
Chapter 6: Decorators
Chapter 7: Integration with jаvascript
Chapter 8: Strict Compiler Options
Chapter 9: Using Observables to Transform Data
Chapter 10: Test-Driven Development
Chapter 11: Angular
Chapter 12: React
Chapter 13: Vue
Chapter 14: Node and Express
Chapter 15: An AWS Serverless API
Chapter 16: Micro Front-ends