- eBook:Rust Web Programming: A hands-on guide to developing fast and secure web apps with the Rust programming language
- Author:Maxwell Flitton
- Data:February 26, 2021
- Pages:394 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Build scalable web applications in Rust using popular frameworks such as Actix, Rocket, and Warp
- Create front-end components that can be injected into multiple views
- Develop data models in Rust to interact with the database
Book DescriptionAre safety and high performance a big concern for you while developing web applications?
While most programming languages have a safety or speed trade-off, Rust provides memory safety without using a garbage collector. This means that with its low memory footprint, you can build high-performance and secure web apps with relative ease.
This book will take you through each stage of the web development process, showing you how to combine Rust and modern web development principles to build supercharged web apps.
You'll start with an introduction to Rust and understand how to avoid common pitfalls when migrating from traditional dynamic programming languages. The book will show you how to structure Rust code for a project that spans multiple pages and modules. Next, you'll explore the Actix Web framework and get a basic web server up and running. As you advance, you'll learn how to process JSON requests and display data from the web app via HTML, CSS, and jаvascript. You'll also be able to persist data and create RESTful services in Rust. Later, you'll build an automated deployment process for the app on an AWS EC2 instance and Docker Hub. Finally, you'll play around with some popular web frameworks in Rust and compare them.
By the end of this Rust book, you'll be able to confidently create scalable and fast web applications with Rust.
What you will learn
- Structure scalable web apps in Rust in Rocket, Actix Web, and Warp
- Apply data persistence for your web apps using PostgreSQL
- Build login, JWT, and config modules for your web apps
- Serve HTML, CSS, and jаvascript from the Actix Web server
- Build unit tests and functional API tests in Postman and Newman
- Deploy the Rust app with NGINX and Docker onto an AWS EC2 instance
Who this book is forThis book on web programming with Rust is for web developers who have programmed in traditional languages such as Python, Ruby, jаvascript, and Java and are looking to develop high-performance web applications with Rust. Although no prior experience with Rust is necessary, a solid understanding of web development principles and basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and jаvascript are required if you want to get the most out of this book.
1. Quick Introduction to Rust
2. Designing Your Web Application in Rust
Section 2: Processing Data and Managing Displays
3. Handling HTTP Requests
4. Processing HTTP Requests
5. Displaying Content in the Browser
Section 3: Data Persistence
6. Data Persistence with PostgreSQL
7. Managing User Sessions
8. Building RESTful Services
Section 4: Testing and Deployment
9. Testing Our Application Endpoints and Components
10. Deploying Our Application on AWS
11. Understanding Rocket Web Framework