This book explores the challenges and opportunities of developing circuits with MEMS resonator filters. The replacement of classical electrical components with electromechanical components is explored in this book, and the specific properties of MEMS resonators required in various frequency ranges are discussed. Materials and their selection, CAD tools for system design and the integration of MEMS with CMOS circuitry, and the design, fabrication, testing and packaging of MEMS filters themselves are addressed in detail.
Case studies where resonator MEMS have been used as components have been included to encourage readers to consider the practical applications of this technology.
MEMS Resonator Filters is essential reading for the analogue circuit designer community, particularly those who are designing circuits for wireless communications, and CMOS technology researchers and engineers who are involved in the fabrication of circuits. Designers of sensors and interfacing circuits will also be interested since resonators are also being used as sensors.
2. Filter design
3. Microelectromechanical resonators design: low-frequency resonators
4. Microelectromechanical resonator design for high frequency
5. Finite-element modeling of RF MEMS resonators
6. Fabrication of low-frequency resonators
7. Fabrication of high-frequency resonators
8. Filter and oscillator design using SAW/BAW resonators
9. Testing and verification of MEMS resonator filters
10. 3D packaging for the integration of heterogeneous systems
11. Reliability issues of MEMS resonators
Download MEMS Resonator Filters PDF or ePUB format free