- eBook:UI Testing with Puppeteer: Implement end-to-end testing and browser automation using jаvascript and Node.js
- Author:Dario Kondratiuk
- Data:March 9, 2021
- Pages:306 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Get up and running with Puppeteer and discover best practices for automation testing
- Automate your modern web applications using Jest and Mocha with Puppeteer
- Generate screenshots using Puppeteer and learn how they can be used for regression tests
Book DescriptionPuppeteer is an open source web automation library created by Google to perform tasks such as end-to-end testing, performance monitoring, and task automation with ease. This book will take you on a pragmatic journey using real-world use cases to help you to learn Puppeteer and implement best practices to take your automation code to the next level!
This book starts with an introduction to headless browsers and takes you through the foundations of browser automation, showing you how far you can get using Puppeteer to automate Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You'll then learn the basics of end-to-end testing and understand how to create reliable tests. You'll also get to grips with finding elements using CSS selectors and XPath expressions. As you make progress through the chapters, the focus shifts to more advanced browser automation topics such as executing jаvascript code inside the browser. You'll learn various use cases of Puppeteer, such as mobile devices or network speed testing, gauging your site's performance, and using Puppeteer as a web scraping tool.
By the end of this UI testing book, you'll have learned how to make the most of Puppeteer's API and be able to apply it in your real-world projects.
What you will learn
- Understand browser automation fundamentals
- Explore end-to-end testing with Puppeteer and its best practices
- Apply CSS Selectors and XPath expressions to web automation
- Discover how you can leverage the power of web automation as a developer
- Emulate different use cases of Puppeteer such as network speed tests and geolocation
- Get to grips with techniques and best practices for web scraping and web content generation
Who This Book Is ForThe book is for testing professionals, QA engineers, and test automation enthusiasts who want to perform end-to-end testing using Google's developer tools. Web developers who want to learn how to use Puppeteer for generating content, scraping websites, and evaluating website performance will find this book useful. Although knowledge of Node.js isn't necessary, basic jаvascript knowledge will assist with understanding the concepts covered.
2. Automated Testing and Test runners
3. Navigating through a website
4. Interacting with a page
5. Waiting for elements and network calls
6. Executing and Injecting jаvascript
7. Generating content with Puppeteer
8. Environments emulation
9. Scraping tools
10. Evaluating and improving the performance of a website