- eBook:Gatsby E-Commerce: A Practical Introduction to Creating E-Commerce Sites with the Gatsby Framework
- Author:Alex Libby
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:March 25, 2021
- Pages:369 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
You'll learn to reduce reliance on tools that are bloated, prone to being hacked, and not the most efficient, and move over to the newest framework on the block. You'll also see how to use the Gatsby framework to rapidly create and deploy e-commerce sites that are performant and secure, with the minimum of fuss.
Understand how to source data, build a catalog, add a blog, finesse your site (including performance), implement the checkout and payment processes with the help of third-party tools such as Stripe, and deploy to production. Finally, you'll learn how to migrate existing WooCommerce sites to Gatsby, and adapt for mobile.Gatsby is fast and does away with the need for databases, thereby removing one of the biggest weak spots in any e-commerce site. It is based on Node.js and jаvascript, making it easy to extend and customize as requirements dictate. Learn to make your customers’ lives easier and simpler using this book today.
What You'll Learn
- Implement e-commerce sites using Gatsby
- Explore some of the options for architecting an e-commerce site using this framework
- Gain an appreciation of pointers around maintenance requirements and ancillary needs (such as SEO)
- Compare your site to others that use different tools
- Work through a project from start to finish, understanding what can be achieved using Gatsby, and where other tools may need to be brought into play
- Developers already familiar with jаvascript, who are keen to learn how to leverage the Gatsby framework to quickly create the basis of an e-commerce offer (from scratch, or using data tools such as WooCommerce to support a transition), with little more than a text editor.
- Developers who want to focus on simplicity, to produce efficient and properly optimized e-commerce sites in modern browsers using tools already in their possession.
- Those in agile development teams, where time is of the essence, and the pressure is on to deliver results quickly.
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: Laying the Foundations
Chapter 3: Styling the Shop
Chapter 4: Sourcing Data
Chapter 5: Building the Catalog
Chapter 6: Checkout and Order Processing
Chapter 7: Adding a Blog
Chapter 8: Finessing the Site
Chapter 9: Testing and Optimization
Chapter 10: Deployment into Production
Chapter 11: Migrating from WooCommerce
Chapter 12: Adapting for Mobile
Chapter 13: Updating the Payment Process