Most of the definitions and results used from subjects like real analysis, linear algebra are stated clearly in the book. This enables the book to be accessible to physics and engineering students also. Moreover, sufficient number of worked out examples are presented to illustrate every new technique introduced in this book. Moreover, the author elucidates the importance of various hypotheses in the results by providing counter examples.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of all essential topics required for an introductory course in ODE.
- Emphasizes on both computation of solutions to ODEs as well as the theoretical concepts like well-posedness, comparison results, stability etc.
- Systematic presentation of insights of the nature of the solutions to linear/non-linear ODEs.
- Special attention on the study of asymptotic behavior of solutions to autonomous ODEs (both for scalar case and 2✕2 systems).
- Sufficient number of examples are provided wherever a notion is introduced.
- Contains a rich collection of problems.
Download A First Course in Ordinary Differential Equations PDF or ePUB format free