- eBook:Swift 5.3 Cookbook - Second Edition: Improve productivity by applying proven recipes to develop code using the latest version of Swift
- Author:Keith Moon, Chris Barker
- Data:March 9, 2021
- Pages:471 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Learn Swift 5.3 programming techniques to write robust and efficient code
- Discover the fundamentals of the Swift programming language and build apps with frameworks such as Foundation, Networking, and UIKit
- Get to grips with the new features of Swift 5.3, including SwiftUI
Book DescriptionSwift is an exciting, multi-platform, general-purpose programming language, and this book will help you explore the features of its latest version, Swift 5.3.
The book begins with an introduction to the basic building blocks of Swift 5.3, its syntax, and the functionalities of Swift constructs. You'll then discover how Swift Playgrounds provide an ideal platform to write, execute, and debug your Swift code. As you advance through the chapters, the book will show you how to bundle variables into tuples or sets, order your data with an array, store key-value pairs with dictionaries, and use property observers. You'll also learn about the decision-making and control structures in Swift, examine advanced features such as generics and operators, and explore functionalities outside of the standard library. Once you've learned how to build iOS applications using UIKit, you'll find out how to use Swift for server-side programming, run Swift on Linux, and investigate Vapor. Finally, you'll discover some of the newest features of Swift 5.3, using SwiftUI and Combine to build adaptive and reactive applications.
By the end of the book, you'll have discovered direct solutions that will help you become productive while developing code using Swift 5.3.
What you will learn
- Explore basic to advanced concepts in Swift 5.3 programming
- Understand conditional statements, loops, and how to handle errors in Swift
- Define flexible classes and structs using generics
- Use advanced operators and create custom ones
- Build iOS apps using the powerful features of UIKit or the new SwiftUI framework
- Import your own custom functionality into Swift Playgrounds
- Run Swift on Linux and investigate server-side programming with the server-side framework Vapor
Who This Book Is ForIf you are looking to get started with Swift 5.3 or want to learn about the diverse features it offers, along with tips and tricks to efficiently code and build applications, then this book is for you. Basic knowledge of general programming concepts will assist with understanding key concepts.
Chapter 2: Mastering the Building Blocks
Chapter 3: Data Wrangling with Swift Control Flow
Chapter 4: Generics, Operators, and Nested Types
Chapter 5: Beyond the Standard Library
Chapter 6: Building iOS Apps with Swift
Chapter 7: Swift Playgrounds
Chapter 8: Server-Side Swift
Chapter 9: Performance and Responsiveness in Swift
Chapter 10: SwiftUI and Combine Framework
Chapter 11: Using CoreML and Vision in Swift