- eBook:Web Development Projects with Django: Learn to build modern web applications with a Python-based framework
- Author:Ben Shaw, Chris Guest, Bharath Chandra, Saurabh Badhwar, Andrew Bird
- Data:March 9, 2021
- Pages:720 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Understand Django functionality and the Model-View-Template (MVT) paradigm
- Create and iteratively build a book review website, adding features as you build your knowledge
- Explore advanced concepts such as REST API implementation and third-party module integration
Book DescriptionDo you want to start developing reliable and secure applications that stand out from the crowd, rather than spending hours on boilerplate code? Then the Django framework is where you should begin! Frequently referred to as a 'batteries included' web development framework, Django comes with all the core features needed to build a standalone application.
Web Development Projects with Django takes this philosophy and equips you with the knowledge and confidence to build useful real-world applications.
Starting with the essential concepts of Django, you'll cover all its major features using a real-world example called Bookr, a website for book reviews. As you progress, you'll learn various practical skills, including how to serve static files to add CSS, jаvascript, and images to your application, how to implement forms to accept user input, and how to manage sessions to ensure a reliable user experience. Throughout this book, you'll cover key daily tasks that are part of the development cycle of a real-world web application.
By the end of this Django book, you'll be well-versed with Django web development and be able to confidently and creatively tackle your own ambitious projects.
What you will learn
- Create a new application and add models to describe your data
- Use views and templates to control behavior and appearance
- Implement access control through authentication and permissions
- Develop practical web forms to add features such as file uploads
- Develop a RESTful API and jаvascript code that communicates with it
- Connect to a database such as PostgreSQL
Who This Book Is ForWeb Development Projects with Django is designed for programmers who want to gain web development skills with the Django framework. To fully understand the concepts explained in this book, you must have basic knowledge of Python programming, as well as familiarity with jаvascript, HTML, and CSS.
Chapter 2: Models and Migrations
Chapter 3: URL Mapping, Views, and Templates
Chapter 4: Introduction to Django Admin
Chapter 5: Serving Static Files
Chapter 6: Forms
Chapter 7: Advanced Form Validation and Model Forms
Chapter 8: Media Serving and File Uploads
Chapter 9: Sessions and Authentication
Chapter 10: Advanced Django Admin and Customizations
Chapter 11: Advanced Templating and Class-Based Views
Chapter 12: Building a REST API
Chapter 13: Generating CSV, PDF, and Other Binary Files
Chapter 14: Testing
Chapter 15: Django Third-Party Libraries
Chapter 16: Using a Frontend jаvascript Library with Django