- eBook:Crypto Dictionary: 500 Tasty Tidbits for the Curious Cryptographer
- Author:Jean-Philippe Aumasson
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:March 16, 2021
- Pages:160 pages
Expand your mind and your crypto knowledge with the ultimate desktop dictionary for all things cryptography. Written by a renowned cryptographer for experts and novices alike, Crypto Dictionary is rigorous in its definitions, yet easy to read and laced with humor. Flip to any random page to find something new, interesting, or mind-boggling, such as:
• A survey of crypto algorithms both widespread and niche, from RSA and DES to the USSR’s GOST cipher
• Trivia from the history of cryptography, such as the MINERVA backdoor in Crypto AG’s encryption algorithms
• An explanation of why the reference to the Blowfish cipher in the TV show 24 makes absolutely no sense
• Types of cryptographic protocols like zero-knowledge; security; and proofs of work, stake, and resource
• A polemic against referring to cryptocurrency as “crypto”
• Discussions of numerous cryptographic attacks, including slide and biclique
The book also looks toward the future of cryptography, with discussions of the threat quantum computing poses to current cryptosystems and a nod to post-quantum algorithms, such as lattice-based cryptographic schemes.
With hundreds of incisive entries organized alphabetically, Crypto Dictionary is the crypto go-to guide you’ll always want within reach.
Download Crypto Dictionary: 500 Tasty Tidbits for the Curious Cryptographer PDF or ePUB format free