- eBook:Control of Prosthetic Hands: Challenges and emerging avenues
- Author:Kianoush Nazarpour
- Data:December 31, 2020
- Pages:232 pages
The book begins with a chapter introducing the fundamental principles, engineering challenges and control solutions for prosthetic hands. Further chapters address methods to design bespoke sockets, magnetomyography, implantable technologies for closed-loop control of prostheses, direct neural control of prostheses via nerve implants as well as user-prosthesis co-adaptation, and two chapters on prosthetics for children. The book concludes with a chapter by Dr Nazarpour on the future of myoelectric prosthetics control, with particular focus on the successful translation of research advances into real clinical gains.
The book is essential reading for anyone involved in research or undertaking advanced courses in prosthetic design and control. It provides an in-depth exploration of this rewarding topic, by exploring technologies with the potential to improve the quality of life of upper-limb prosthetic users.
2. Methods to design bespoke sockets
3. Methods for clinical evaluation
5. Implantable technologies for closed-loop control of prosthesis
6. Direct neural control of prostheses via nerve implants
7. Surgical considerations for advanced prosthetic control and residual limb pain management in amputees
8. User-prosthesis coadaptation
9. Child prosthetics – a perspective
10. Design and development of transradial upper limb prosthesis for children with soft-grippers
11. The future of myoelectric prosthetics control
Download Control of Prosthetic Hands: Challenges and emerging avenues PDF or ePUB format free