Like other books in the “You Don’t Know JS” series, this and Object Prototypes dives into trickier parts of the language that many jаvascript programmers simply avoid. Armed with this knowledge, you can become a true jаvascript master.
With this book you will:
- Explore how the this binding points to objects based on how the function is called
- Look into the nature of JS objects and why you’d need to point to them
- Learn how developers use the mixin pattern to fake classes in JS
- Examine how JS’s prototype mechanism forms links between objects
- Learn how to move from class/inheritance design to behavior delegation
- Understand how the OLOO (objects-linked-to-other-objects) coding style naturally implements behavior delegation
2. this All Makes Sense Now!
4. Mixing (Up) “Class” Objects
6. Behavior Delegation