- eBook:Automation Testing with Cypress: Explore modern techniques to automate frontend testing with Cypress and jаvascript
- Author:Waweru Mwaura
- Data:February 9, 2021
- Pages:196 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Write your first end-to-end test and find out how to modernize your testing environment
- Execute test-driven web development using Cypress
- Discover the advantages of Cypress over Selenium and refactor testing for modern web apps
Book DescriptionCypress is a modern automation testing framework for web-based frontend apps. Learning Cypress will help you overcome the shortcomings of conventional testing solutions such as dependency graph problems, the steep learning curve in setting up end-to-end testing packages, and difficulties writing explicit time waits for your tests.
With this book, you'll learn how to use different Cypress tools, including time travel, snapshots, errors, and console output, to write fail-safe and non-flaky tests. You'll discover techniques for performing test-driven development with Cypress and write cross-browser tests for your web applications. As you advance, you'll implement tests for a sample application and work with a variety of tools and features within the Cypress ecosystem. Finally, this Cypress book covers advanced testing concepts such as visual testing and networking.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to set up Cypress for any web app and know how to utilize it to its full potential.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with using Cypress and understand its advantages over Selenium
- Explore common Cypress commands, tools, and techniques for writing complete tests for web apps
- Set up and configure Cypress for cross-browser testing
- Understand how to work with elements and animation to write non-flaky tests
- Discover techniques to implement and handle navigation requests in tests
- Implement visual regression tests with Applitools eyes
Who This Book Is ForThe book is for automation testing professionals, software and web testers, and frontend web developers who are well-versed in jаvascript and want to learn and implement Cypress. If you are a Selenium tester who wants to migrate to Cypress and uncover its capabilities, you'll find this book useful. A solid understanding of web testing and jаvascript is required.
Chapter 1: Installing and Setting Up Cypress
Chapter 2: Differences between Selenium WebDriver and Cypress
Chapter 3: Working with Cypress Command-Line Tools
Chapter 4: Writing Your First Test
Chapter 5: Debugging Cypress Tests
Section 2: Automated Tests with the TDD Approach
Chapter 6: Writing Cypress Tests Using the TDD approach
Chapter 7: Understanding Element Interaction in Cypress
Chapter 8: Understanding Variables and Aliases in Cypress
Chapter 9: Advanced Uses of Cypress Test Runner
Section 3: Automated Testing for Your Web Application
Chapter 10: Exercise – Navigation and Network Requests
Chapter 11: Exercise – Stubbing and Spying XHR Requests
Chapter 12: Visual Testing in Cypress