- eBook:Hands-On Quantum Information Processing with Python: Get up and running with information processing and computing based on quantum mechanics using Python
- Author:Dr. Makhamisa Senekane
- Data:February 9, 2021
- Pages:231 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Get well-versed with quantum information processing using Python
- Understand the basics of quantum cryptography by implementing quantum key distribution protocols in Python
- Implement well-known games such as the CHSH and GHZ games using quantum strategies and techniques
Book DescriptionQuantum computation is the study of a subclass of computers that exploits the laws of quantum mechanics to perform certain operations that are thought to be difficult to perform on a non-quantum computer.
Hands-On Quantum Information Processing with Python begins by taking you through the essentials of quantum information processing to help you explore its potential. Next, you'll get well-versed with the fundamental property of quantum entanglement and find out how to illustrate this using the teleportation protocol. As you advance, you'll discover how quantum circuits and algorithms such as Simon's algorithm, Grover's algorithm, and Shor's algorithm work, and get to grips with quantum cryptography by implementing important quantum key distribution (QKD) protocols in Python. You will also learn how to implement non-local games such as the CHSH game and GHZ game by using Python. Finally, you'll cover key quantum machine learning algorithms, and these implementations will give you full rein to really play with and fully understand more complicated ideas.
By the end of this quantum computing book, you will have gained a deeper understanding and appreciation of quantum information.
What you will learn
- Discover how quantum circuits and quantum algorithms work
- Familiarize yourself with non-local games and learn how to implement them
- Get to grips with various quantum computing models
- Implement quantum cryptographic protocols in Python such as BB84 and B92
- Explore entanglement and teleportation in quantum systems
- Find out how to measure and apply operations to qubits
- Delve into quantum computing with the continuous-variable quantum state
- Get acquainted with essential quantum machine learning algorithms
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for developers, programmers, or undergraduates in computer science who want to learn about the fundamentals of quantum information processing. A basic understanding of the Python programming language is required, and a good grasp of math and statistics will be useful to get the best out of this book.
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Quantum Information Processing
Chapter 2: Quantum States, Operations, and Measurements
Section 2: Quantum Computers and Quantum Algorithms
Chapter 3: Entanglement and Quantum Teleportation
Chapter 4: Working with Quantum Circuits
Chapter 5: Quantum Algorithms
Section 3: Deep Diving into Quantum Information
Chapter 6: Non-Local Quantum Games
Chapter 7: Quantum Cryptography
Chapter 8: Quantum Machine Learning
Chapter 9: Continuous-Variable Quantum Information Processing
Chapter 10: Current Trends in Quantum Information Processing