Entries related to basic principles and concepts include the following:
- A Summary that provides brief, concrete summary of the topic and how the entry is organized;
- History and Background, to give context for significant achievements in areas related to robotics and artificial intelligence including mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, and education;
- Text that gives an explanation of the background and significance of the topic to robotics and artificial intelligence by describing developments such as Siri, facial recognition, augmented and virtual reality, and autonomous cars;
- Applications and Products, Impacts, Concerns, and Future to discuss aspects of the entry that can have sweeping impact on our daily lives, including smart devices, homes, and cities; medical devices; security and privacy; and manufacturing;
- Illustrations that clarify difficult concepts via models, diagrams, and charts of such key topics as Combinatrics, Cyberspace, Digital logic, Grammatology, Neural engineering, Interval, Biomimetics; and Soft robotics; and
- Bibliography lists that relate to the entry.
The book includes helpful appendixes as another valuable resource, including the following:
- Time Line of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, tracing the field back to ancient history;
- A. M. Turing Award Winners, recognizing the work of pioneers and innovators in the field of computer science, robotics, and artificial intelligence;
- General Bibliography and
- Subject Index.
Download Principles of Robotics & Artificial Intelligence PDF or ePUB format free