- eBook:Mastering PostgreSQL 11: Expert techniques to build scalable, reliable, and fault-tolerant database applications, 2nd Edition
- Author:Hans-Jurgen Schonig
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:October 30, 2018
- Pages:446 pages
- Master advanced concepts of PostgreSQL 11 with real-world datasets and examples
- Explore query parallelism, data replication, and database performance while working with larger datasets
- Extend the functionalities of your PostgreSQL instance to suit your organization's needs with minimal effort
Book DescriptionThis second edition of Mastering PostgreSQL 11 helps you build dynamic database solutions for enterprise applications using the latest release of PostgreSQL, which enables database analysts to design both the physical and technical aspects of the system architecture with ease.
This book begins with an introduction to the newly released features in PostgreSQL 11 to help you build efficient and fault-tolerant PostgreSQL applications. You'll examine all of the advanced aspects of PostgreSQL in detail, including logical replication, database clusters, performance tuning, monitoring, and user management. You will also work with the PostgreSQL optimizer, configuring PostgreSQL for high speed, and see how to move from Oracle to PostgreSQL. As you progress through the chapters, you will cover transactions, locking, indexes, and optimizing queries to improve performance. Additionally, you'll learn to manage network security and explore backups and replications, while understanding the useful extensions of PostgreSQL so that you can optimize the speed and performance of large databases.
By the end of this book, you will be able to use your database to its utmost capacity by implementing advanced administrative tasks with ease.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with advanced PostgreSQL 11 features and SQL functions
- Make use of the indexing features in PostgreSQL and fine-tune the performance of your queries
- Work with stored procedures and manage backup and recovery
- Master replication and failover techniques
- Troubleshoot your PostgreSQL instance for solutions to common and not-so-common problems
- Perform database migration from MySQL and Oracle to PostgreSQL with ease
Who this book is forThis book is for data and database professionals wanting to implement advanced functionalities and master complex administrative tasks with PostgreSQL 11. Prior experience of database administration with PostgreSQL database will aid in understanding the concepts covered in this book.
Chapter 2: Understanding Transactions and Locking
Chapter 3: Making Use of Indexes
Chapter 4: Handling Advanced SQL
Chapter 5: Log Files and System Statistics
Chapter 6: Optimizing Queries for Good Performance
Chapter 7: Writing Stored Procedures
Chapter 8: Managing PostgreSQL Security
Chapter 9: Handling Backup and Recovery
Chapter 10: Making Sense of Backups and Replication
Chapter 11: Deciding on Useful Extensions
Chapter 12: Troubleshooting PostgreSQL
Chapter 13: Migrating to PostgreSQL
Download Mastering PostgreSQL 11: Expert techniques to build scalable, reliable, and fault-tolerant database applications, 2nd Edition PDF or ePUB format free