- eBook:Hands-on Question Answering Systems with BERT: Applications in Neural Networks and Natural Language Processing
- Author:Navin Sabharwal, Amit Agrawal
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:February 6, 2021
- Pages:199 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
The book begins with an overview of the technology landscape behind BERT. It takes you through the basics of NLP, including natural language understanding with tokenization, stemming, and lemmatization, and bag of words. Next, you’ll look at neural networks for NLP starting with its variants such as recurrent neural networks, encoders and decoders, bi-directional encoders and decoders, and transformer models. Along the way, you’ll cover word embedding and their types along with the basics of BERT.
After this solid foundation, you’ll be ready to take a deep dive into BERT algorithms such as masked language models and next sentence prediction. You’ll see different BERT variations followed by a hands-on example of a question answering system.
Hands-on Question Answering Systems with BERT is a good starting point for developers and data scientists who want to develop and design NLP systems using BERT. It provides step-by-step guidance for using BERT.
What You Will Learn
- Examine the fundamentals of word embeddings
- Apply neural networks and BERT for various NLP tasks
- Develop a question-answering system from scratch
- Train question-answering systems for your own data
AI and machine learning developers and natural language processing developers.
Chapter 2: Neural Networks for Natural Language Processing
Chapter 3: Introduction to Word Embeddings
Chapter 4: BERT Algorithms Explained
Chapter 5: BERT Model Applications: Question Answering System
Chapter 6: BERT Model Applications: Other Tasks
Chapter 7: Future of BERT Models