- eBook:Coding Roblox Games Made Easy: The Ultimate Guide to Creating Games with Roblox Studio and Lua programming
- Author:Zander Brumbaugh
- Data:February 9, 2021
- Pages:205 pages
- Explore solutions to common problems faced while creating games on Roblox
- Learn tips, tricks, and the best practices along with advanced coding techniques to create Roblox games
- Understand how to program in the Roblox Lua language, add engaging effects, program various functionalities, and much more
Book DescriptionRoblox is a massive platform like no other for both playing and creating games. With well over 150 million monthly active users, Roblox stands out because every game that can be played is made by other members of the community. The best part is that anyone can create games for free and even earn considerable sums of money if their games become a success. Furthermore, there is a vast and supportive developer circle that provides excellent opportunities for networking and making new acquaintances in a tight-knit community.
With this practical book, you'll get hands-on experience working on the Roblox platform. You'll start with an overview of Roblox development and then understand how to use Roblox Studio. As you progress, you'll learn everything from how to program in Roblox Lua to creating games such as an Obby and a Battle Royale game. Towards the end, you'll delve into the logistics of game production, focusing on optimizing the performance of your game by implementing good mechanics, monetization, and marketing practices.
By the end of this Roblox guide, you will have the skills you need to lead or work with a team to bring your gaming worlds to life, and extend that experience to players around the world.
What you will learn
- Delve into an introduction to Roblox development and various aspects such as choosing a developer type
- Understand how to use Roblox Studio and other free resources
- Get to grips with creating your first game with the Roblox Lua programming language
- Focus on The Three Ms - Mechanics, Monetization, and Marketing
- Get hands-on with developing real-world game concepts such as a Battle Royale and Obby game
- Explore expert tips for collaborating effectively and managing project workloads
Who This Book Is ForThis Roblox book is for anyone who is interested in learning how to develop games on the Roblox platform or those already familiar with Roblox who want to explore the best tips, tricks, and Roblox and Lua practices for efficient development.
Chapter 1: Introducing Roblox Development
Chapter 2: Knowing Your Work Environment
Section 2: Programming in Roblox
Chapter 3: Introduction to Roblox Lua
Chapter 4: Roblox Programming Scenarios
Chapter 5: Creating an Obby
Chapter 6: Creating a Battle Royale Game
Section 3: The Logistics of Game Production
Chapter 7: The Three Ms
Download Coding Roblox Games Made Easy: The Ultimate Guide to Creating Games with Roblox Studio and Lua programming PDF or ePUB format free