- eBook:Learn React with TypeScript 3: Beginner's guide to modern React web development with TypeScript 3
- Author:Carl Rippon
- Data:November 29, 2018
- Pages:502 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Explore the latest core features of React such as components, React Router, and suspense
- Delve into TypeScript 3 and its core components such as interfaces, types aliases, tuples, and generics
- Build small-to-large scale single-page applications with React, Redux, GraphQL and TypeScript
Book DescriptionReact is a popular choice for frontend development in recent times. Using React with TypeScript further enhances the development experience and assists you with creating high performant web apps. With this book, you'll learn to create well-structured and reusable React components that are easy to read and maintain by leveraging modern web development techniques.
You'll start by understanding core TypeScript programming concepts, before moving on to building reusable React components. In the next few chapters, you'll learn how to ensure all your components are type-safe by using TypeScript's capabilities, including the latest on project references, tuples in rest parameters, and much more. The book will then guide you through the core components of React such as React Router, managing state with Redux, and applying logic in lifecycle methods. As you progress, you'll discover the latest features of React such as hooks and suspense, which will enable you to create powerful function-based components. Toward later chapters, you'll get to grips with GraphQL web API using Apollo client to make your apps more interactive. Finally, you'll learn how to write robust unit tests for React components using Jest.
By the end of this book, you'll be equipped with the skills you need to develop fully featured web apps with React and TypeScript.
What you will learn
- Gain a first-hand experience of TypeScript and its productivity features
- Transpile your TypeScript code into jаvascript to make it run in a browser
- Learn relevant advanced types in TypeScript to create strongly typed and reusable components
- Create stateful function-based components that handle lifecycle events using hooks
- Discover what GraphQL is and how to work with it by executing basic queries to understand the syntax
- Achieve good unit testing coverage on your components using Jest
Who this book is forThis book is for web developers who want to get started with creating modern-day web apps with React and TypeScript. Although a basic understanding of jаvascript and HTML programming is a must, prior knowledge of TypeScript and React is not required.
Chapter 2: What is New in TypeScript 3
Chapter 3: Getting Started with React and TypeScript
Chapter 4: Routing with React Router
Chapter 5: Advanced Types
Chapter 6: Component Patterns
Chapter 7: Working with Forms
Chapter 8: React Redux
Chapter 9: Interacting with RESTful APIs
Chapter 10: Interacting with GraphQL APIs
Chapter 11: Unit Testing with Jest