- eBook:Introducing .NET 5 - Architecture, Migration, and New Features: Build and migrate apps using modern architectures on the latest .NET platform
- Author:Hammad Arif, Habib Qureshi
- Data:January 11, 2021
- Pages:296 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Get up to speed with .NET 5's new improvements and features
- Discover how to improve existing code design and enhance software maintainability
- Explore explanations and techniques for making programs easier to understand and change
Book Description.NET 5 is the unification of all .NET technologies in a single framework that can run on all platforms and provide a consistent experience to developers, regardless of the device, operating system (OS), or cloud platform they choose.
By updating to .NET 5, you can build software that can quickly adapt to the rapidly changing demands of modern consumers and stay up to date on the latest technology trends in .NET.
This book provides a comprehensive overview of all the technologies that will form the future landscape of .NET using practical examples based on real-world scenarios, along with best practices to help you migrate from legacy platforms.
You'll start by learning about Microsoft's vision and rationale for the unification of the platforms. Then, you'll cover all the new language enhancements in C# 9. As you advance, you'll find out how you can align yourself with modern technology trends, focusing on everything from microservices to orchestrated containerized deployments. Finally, you'll learn how to effectively integrate machine learning in .NET code.
By the end of this .NET book, you'll have gained a thorough understanding of the .NET 5 platform, together with a readiness to adapt to future .NET release cycles, and you'll be able to make architectural decisions about porting legacy systems and code bases to a newer platform.
What you will learn
- Explore the key performance improvement areas when migrating to modern architectures
- Understand app design and development using .NET 5
- Discover how to shift from legacy to modern application design using microservices and cloud-native architecture
- Explore common migration pitfalls and make the right decisions in situations where multiple options are available
- Understand the process of deploying .NET 5 code on serverless and containerized hosts, along with its benefits
- Find out what ML.NET has to offer and build .NET apps that use machine learning services
Who this book is forThis book is for experienced developers as well as software architects who are looking to gain knowledge of the new features and capabilities of .NET 5, along with guidance on modern architectural patterns. If you're a developer who has previously worked on .NET, WPF, ASP.NET, Entity Framework, or other popular .NET libraries, this book will help you understand the migration process for their modern counterparts. Although experience with .NET Core is not required, working knowledge of the C# language and .NET framework is assumed.
1. Introducing .NET 5 Features and Capabilities
2. What's New in C# 9?
Section 2: Design and Architecture
3. Design and Architectural Patterns
4. Containerized Microservices Architecture
Section 3: Migration
5. Upgrading Existing .NET Apps to .NET 5
6. Upgrading On-Premises Applications to the Cloud with .NET 5
Section 4: Bonus
7. Integrating Machine Learning in .NET 5