- eBook:Software Architecture with C# 9 and .NET 5 - Second Edition: Architecting software solutions using microservices, DevOps, and design patterns for Azure Cloud
- Author:Gabriel Baptista, Francesco Abbruzzese
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:January 11, 2021
- Pages:654 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Gain fundamental and comprehensive software architecture knowledge and the skillset to create fully modular apps
- Design high-performance software systems using the latest features of .NET 5 and C# 9
- Solve scalability problems in web apps using enterprise architecture patterns
Book DescriptionSoftware architecture is the practice of implementing structures and systems that streamline the software development process and improve the quality of an app. This fully revised and expanded second edition, featuring the latest features of .NET 5 and C# 9, enables you to acquire the key skills, knowledge, and best practices required to become an effective software architect.
This second edition features additional explanation of the principles of Software architecture, including new chapters on Azure Service Fabric, Kubernetes, and Blazor. It also includes more discussion on security, microservices, and DevOps, including GitHub deployments for the software development cycle.
You will begin by understanding how to transform user requirements into architectural needs and exploring the differences between functional and non-functional requirements. Next, you will explore how to carefully choose a cloud solution for your infrastructure, along with the factors that will help you manage your app in a cloud-based environment.
Finally, you will discover software design patterns and various software approaches that will allow you to solve common problems faced during development.
By the end of this book, you will be able to build and deliver highly scalable enterprise-ready apps that meet your organization's business requirements.
What you will learn
- Use Software Architecture to overcome real-world architectural challenges and solve design consideration issues
- Apply architectural approaches like Layered Architecture, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and microservices
- Leverage tools including containers, Docker, Kubernetes, and Blazor to manage microservices effectively
- Get up to speed with Azure tools and features for delivering global solutions
- Program and maintain Azure Functions using C#9 and its latest features
- Understand when best to use test-driven development (TDD) as an approach for software development
- Write automated functional test cases for software testing
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for engineers and senior software developers aspiring to become architects or looking to build enterprise applications with the .NET Stack. Basic familiarity with C# and .NET is required to get the most out of this book.
2. Non-Functional Requirements
3. Documenting Requirements with Azure DevOps
4. Deciding the Best Cloud-Based Solution
5. Applying a Microservice Architecture to Your Enterprise Application
6. Azure Service Fabric
7. Azure Kubernetes Service
8. Interacting with Data in C# – Entity Framework Core
9. How to Choose Your Data Storage in the Cloud
10. Working with Azure Functions
11. Design Patterns and .NET 5 Implementation
12. Understanding the Different Domains in Software Solutions
13. Implementing Code Reusability in C# 9
14. Applying Service-Oriented Architectures with .NET Core
15. Presenting ASP.NET Core MVC
16. Blazor WebAssembly
17. Best Practices in Coding C# 9
18. Testing Your Code with Unit Test Cases and TDD
19. Using Tools to Write Better Code
20. Understanding DevOps Principles
21. Challenges of Applying CI Scenarios
22. Automation for Functional Tests