- eBook:PHP Arrays: Single, Multi-dimensional, Associative and Object Arrays in PHP 7
- Author:Steve Prettyman
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:December 20, 2016
- Pages:176 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
This book also covers validation methods to insure that the data provided by a user is good before the data is entered into an array. You’ll see how PHP 7 try/catch modules are used to capture exceptions and errors that may be caused by invalid data.
The code examples demonstrate common real-world scenarios. Moreover, examples of every PHP 7 array function (over 75) are demonstrated. The appendix provides a two-dimensional array case study on the logical design of a checkers game.
PHP Arrays answers the following questions:
- Why do we need arrays? When do we need to use arrays?
- Are arrays efficient? Can arrays reduce coding time?
- When do you use multi-dimensional and associative arrays?
- What is an object array?
- Handle array data from an HTML form
- Manage array data from a text file
- Deal with array data from a MySQL database
Experienced PHP programmers or web developers using PHP.
Chapter 2: Simple Arrays
Chapter 3: Multidimensional Arrays
Chapter 4: Associative and Object Arrays
Chapter 5: PHP Functions—Changing, Splitting, Slicing, and Sorting Arrays
Chapter 6: PHP Functions—Comparing and Merging Arrays
Chapter 7: PHP Functions—Searching, Traversing, and Displaying Arrays