- eBook:WordPress for Beginners 2021: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering WordPress
- Author:Dr. Andy Williams
- Data:December 20, 2020
- Pages:347 pages
Building a beautiful, professional-looking WordPress website (or a blog) is no longer the computer geeks' domain. WordPress makes it possible for anyone to create and run a website that looks great on any device - PC, Mac, tablet, and phone. Whether you want to build a business site, an affiliate site, a hobby site, or a blog, WordPress is a great choice, and this book shows you how.
The primary goal of this book is to take anyone, even an absolute beginner, from zero to WordPress "guru" in a few short hours.
Inside this book, veteran WordPress expert Andy Williams will start at the very beginning. You'll learn essential topics like:
• The two different versions of WordPress.
• How to set up web hosting and domain registrar the correct way.
• Installing WordPress.
• A Dashboard overview.
• Cleaning out the stuff that is installed by default.
• Finding and installing WordPress themes to change the look and feel of your website instantly.
• Plugins. What they are and how they can add fabulous features to your site.
• How to update WordPress, themes, and plugins.
• Understand every single setting. You can use our suggested defaults.
• How to find and use the RSS feeds to help search engines find your content.
• Importance of user-profiles and assigning an image (Gravatar) to your email address.
• Creating great navigation systems on your site, with custom menus, internal linking, and related posts.
• Enabling and dealing with visitor comments.
• Using the media library for images, video, and more.
• The difference between pages and posts, and when to use each one.
• Effective use of categories and tags. Misusing these can get your site penalized or even banned from search engines.
• How to create content using both the Classic editor and the new Gutenberg editor.
• Publish or schedule posts for a future date.
• Post revisions.
• Two different types of homepage. A blog-style page v a more traditional "static" homepage.
• Using widgets on your site to add neat features.
• Types of sites you can build with WordPress (blog, business, typical site), with videos on setting these up.
Download WordPress for Beginners 2021: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering WordPress PDF or ePUB format free