- eBook:Full-Stack React, TypeScript, and Node: Build cloud-ready web applications using React 17 with Hooks and GraphQL
- Author:David Choi
- Data:January 11, 2021
- Pages:550 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Understand the architecture of React and single-page applications
- Build a modern Web API for your SPA using Node.js, Express, and GraphQL
- Gain a clear and practical understanding of how to build a complete full-stack application
Book DescriptionReact sets the standard for building high-performance client-side web apps. Node.js is a scalable application server that is used in thousands of websites, while GraphQL is becoming the standard way for large websites to provide data and services to their users. Together these technologies, when reinforced with the capabilities of TypeScript, provide a cutting-edge stack for complete web application development.
This book follows a hands-on approach to implementing modern web technologies and the associated methodologies for building full-stack apps. You'll gain a strong understanding of TypeScript and how to use it to build higher quality web apps. The chapters that follow delve into client-side development with React using the new Hooks API and Redux. Next, you'll learn about server-side development with Express, including authentication with Redis-based sessions and accessing databases with TypeORM. The book will then show you how to use Apollo GraphQL to build web services for your full-stack app. Later, you'll understand how to build GraphQL schemas and integrate them with React using Hooks. Finally, you'll focus on how to deploy your application onto a NGINX server using the AWS cloud.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to build and deploy complete high-performance web applications using React, Node, and GraphQL.
What you will learn
- Discover TypeScript's most important features and how they can be used to improve code quality and maintainability
- Understand what React Hooks are and how to build React apps using them
- Implement state management for your React app using Redux
- Set up an Express project with TypeScript and GraphQL from scratch
- Build a fully functional online forum app using React and GraphQL
- Add authentication to your web app using Redis
- Save and retrieve data from a Postgres database using TypeORM
- Configure NGINX on the AWS cloud for deploying and serving your apps
Who This Book Is ForThe book is for web developers who want to go beyond front-end web development and enter the world of full-stack web development by learning about modern web technologies and how they come together. A good understanding of jаvascript programming is required before getting started with this web development book.
Chapter 1: Understanding TypeScript
Chapter 2: Exploring TypeScript
Chapter 3: Building Better Apps with ES6+ Features
Section 2: Learning Single-Page Application Development Using React
Chapter 4: Learning Single-Page Application Concepts and How React Enables Them
Chapter 5: React Development with Hooks
Chapter 6: Setting Up Our Project Using create-react-app and Testing with Jest
Chapter 7: Learning Redux and React Router
Section 3: Understanding Web Service Development Using Express and GraphQL
Chapter 8: Learning Server-Side Development with Node.js and Express
Chapter 9: What is GraphQL?
Chapter 10: Setting Up an Express Project with TypeScript and GraphQL Dependencies
Chapter 11: What We Will Learn – Online Forum Application
Chapter 12: Building the React Client for Our Online Forum Application
Chapter 13: Set Up a Session State Using Express and Redis
Chapter 14: Setting Up Postgres and a Repository Layer with TypeORM
Chapter 15: Adding GraphQL Schema Part I
Chapter 16: Adding a GraphQL Schema – Part II
Chapter 17: Deploying an Application to AWS