- eBook:Chemistry: The Central Science, Global Edition, 13th Edition
- Author:Patrick H. Eugene H. Lemay, Theodore E. Brown, Bruce E. Bursten, Catherine Murphy
- Edition:13 edition
- Data:September 14, 2019
- Pages:1248 pages
The new Thirteenth Edition builds on the Twelfth Edition’s major revision, in which every word and piece of art was scrutinized by all the authors to increase its effectiveness. Placing a greater emphasis on research, this edition is more tightly integrated with MasteringChemistry, the leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment program— resulting in an unparalleled teaching and learning package that personalizes learning and coaches students toward understanding and mastery of tough chemistry topics.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It provides:
- Superior support beyond the classroom with MasteringChemistry: Students benefit from personalized, interactive learning through MasteringChemistry’s self-paced tutorials that guide them through the text’s most challenging topics; provide immediate, specific feedback; and keep students engaged and on track.
- Enhanced learning from a dynamic author team of leading researchers and award-winning professors: Each member of this well-respected author team brings their expertise in a wide range of areas to the pages of this popular text. All authors have been active researchers and have taught general chemistry for many years.
- Improved conceptual understanding through stepped up, relevant pedagogy: Students get numerous opportunities to test their knowledge through Give It Some Thought (GIST) exercises, Go Figure questions, and A Closer Look essays, now integrated with clicker questions and in MasteringChemistry.
- Invaluable aids that ensure problem-solving success: By using a consistent process, a unique Analyze/Plan/Solve/Check format, dual-column problem-solving approach in certain areas, a new practice exercise following each worked example, and the Strategies in Chemistry feature, students are placed on the right path from the very start to excel at problem solving and comprehension.
- Clarity through visualization from a variety of perspectives, including macroscopic, microscopic, and symbolic: Included are Visualizing Concepts exercises, with models, graphs, and other visual materials; sample exercises with molecular illustrations; and conceptual questions in the end-of-chapter questions.
2. Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
3. Chemical Reactions and Reaction Stoichiometry
4. Reactions in Aqueous Solution
6. Electronic Structure of Atoms
7. Periodic Properties of the Elements
8. Basic Concepts of Chemical Bonding
9. Molecular Geometry and Bonding Theories
11. Liquids and Intermolecular Forces
12. Solids and Modern Materials
13. Properties of Solutions
14. Chemical Kinetics
15. Chemical Equilibrium
16. Acid–Base Equilibria
17. Additional Aspects of Aqueous Equilibria
18. Chemistry of the Environment
19. Chemical Thermodynamics
21. Nuclear Chemistry
22. Chemistry of the Nonmetals
23. Transition Metals and Coordination Chemistry
24. The Chemistry of Life: Organic and Biological Chemistry
Download Chemistry: The Central Science, Global Edition, 13th Edition PDF or ePUB format free