- eBook:Ontologies with Python: Programming OWL 2.0 Ontologies with Python and Owlready2
- Author:Lamy Jean-Baptiste
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:January 17, 2021
- Pages:361 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Python is one of the most used programming languages, especially in the biomedical field, and formal ontologies are also widely used. However, there are limited resources for the use of ontologies in Python. Owlready2, downloaded more than 60,000 times, is a response to this problem, and this book is the first one on the topic of using ontologies with Python.
What You Will Learn
- Use Owlready2 to access and modify OWL ontologies in Python
- Publish ontologies on dynamic websites
- Perform automatic reasoning in Python
- Use well-known ontologies, including DBpedia and Gene Ontology, and terminological resources, such as UMLS (Unified Medical Language System)
- Integrate Python methods in OWL ontologies
Beginner to experienced readers from biomedical sciences and artificial intelligence fields would find the book useful.
Chapter 2: The Python language: Adopt a snake!
Chapter 3: OWL ontologies
Chapter 4: Accessing ontologies in Python
Chapter 5: Creating and modifying ontologies in Python
Chapter 6: Constructs, restrictions, and class properties
Chapter 7: Automatic reasoning
Chapter 8: Annotations, multilingual texts, and full-text search
Chapter 9: Using medical terminologies with PyMedTermino and UMLS
Chapter 10: Mixing Python and OWL
Chapter 11: Working with RDF triples and worlds