- eBook:Geotechnical Problems and Solutions: A Practical Perspective
- Author:Buddhima Indraratna, Ana Heitor, Jayan S. Vinod
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:December 28, 2020
- Pages:254 pages
This book aims to provide students (undergraduates and postgraduates) and practitioners alike a reference guide on how to solve typical geotechnical problems.
- Guide for solving typical geotechnical problems complementing geotechnical textbooks.
- Reference guide for practitioners to assist in determining solutions to complex geotechnical problems via simple methods.
2. Weight–volume relations and compaction
3. Effective stress concepts
4. Permeability and seepage
5. Elastic stress and deformation analysis
6. Consolidation settlement and analysis
7. Shear strength, stress paths and failure
8. Critical state soil behavior
9. Bearing capacity of foundations
10. Mass movement and slope stability analysis
11. Retaining walls and dams
12. Excavations and tunnels
13. Pavement infrastructure (roads and rails)
14. Unsaturated soil mechanics and applications
15. Dewatering, radial drainage and vacuum consolidation
Download Geotechnical Problems and Solutions: A Practical Perspective PDF or ePUB format free