- eBook:Modern Operating Systems, Global Edition, 4th edition
- Author:Bos Tanenbaum
- Edition:4 edition
- Data:January 23, 2015
- Pages:1138 Pages
The widely anticipated revision of this worldwide best-seller incorporates the latest developments in operating systems (OS) technologies. The Fourth Edition includes up-to-date materials on relevant OS. Tanenbaum also provides information on current research based on his experience as an operating systems researcher.
Modern Operating Systems, Third Edition was the recipient of the 2010 McGuffey Longevity Award. The McGuffey Longevity Award recognizes textbooks whose excellence has been demonstrated over time.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help:
- Provide Practical Detail on the Big Picture Concepts: A clear and entertaining writing style outlines the concepts every OS designer needs to master.
- Keep Your Course Current: This edition includes information on the latest OS technologies and developments
- Enhance Learning with Student and Instructor Resources: Students will gain hands-on experience using the simulation exercises and lab experiments.
2. PROCESSES AND THREADS
3. MEMORY MANAGEMENT
4. FILE SYSTEMS
7. VIRTUALIZATION AND THE CLOUD
8. MULTIPLE PROCESSOR SYSTEMS
10. CASE STUDY 1: UNIX, LINUX, AND ANDROID
11. CASE STUDY 2: WINDOWS 8
12. OPERATING SYSTEM DESIGN
13. READING LIST AND BIBLIOGRAPHY
Download Modern Operating Systems, Global Edition, 4th edition PDF or ePUB format free