- eBook:Building For Everyone: Expand Your Market With Design Practices From Google's Product Inclusion Team
- Author:Annie Jean-Baptiste
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:September 1, 2020
- Pages:272 pages
Establishing diverse and inclusive organizations is an economic imperative for every industry. Any business that isn’t reaching a diverse market is missing out on enormous revenue potential and the opportunity to build products that suit their users' core needs. The economic “why” has been firmly established, but what about the “how?” How can business leaders adapt to our ever-more-diverse world by capturing market share AND building more inclusive products for people of color, women and other underrepresented groups? The Product Inclusion Team at Google has developed strategies to do just that and Building For Everyone is the practical guide to following in their footsteps.
This book makes publicly available for the first time the same inclusive design process used at Google to create user-centric award-winning and profitable products. Author and Head of Product Inclusion Annie Jean-Baptiste outlines what those practices look like in industries beyond tech with fascinating case studies. Readers will learn the key strategies and step-by-step processes for inclusive product design that limits risk and increases profitability.
- Discover the questions you should be asking about diversity and inclusion in your products for marketers, user researchers, product managers and more.
- Understand the research the Product Inclusion team drove to back up their practices
- Learn the “ABCs of Product Inclusion” to build inclusion into your organization’s culture
- Leverage the product inclusion suite of tools to get your organization building more inclusively and identifying new opportunities.
- Read case studies to see how product inclusion works across industries and learn what doesn't work.
CHAPTER 2: Google's Capstone Research: What We Learned
CHAPTER 3: 20 Essential Product Inclusion Questions to Light the Way
CHAPTER 4: Building the Case for Product Inclusion and Getting Buy‐In
CHAPTER 5: Adopting Product Inclusion Principles to Guide Your Work
CHAPTER 6: Integrating Product Inclusion with Your Work
CHAPTER 7: Getting to Know Your Underrepresented Users
CHAPTER 8: Integrating Product Inclusion into the Ideation Process
CHAPTER 9: Starting Your Own Dogfooding and Adversarial Testing Programs
CHAPTER 10: Making Your Marketing More Inclusive
CHAPTER 11: Measuring Product Inclusion Performance
CHAPTER 12: The Many Shades of Nude: Product Inclusion in Fashion and Retail
CHAPTER 13: Looking to the Future of Product Inclusion
Download Building For Everyone: Expand Your Market With Design Practices From Google's Product Inclusion Team PDF or ePUB format free