- eBook:Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour, 8th Edition
- Author:Richard Gross
- Edition:8 edition
- Data:July 27, 2020
- Pages:1002 Pages
This 8th edition of Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour is the essential guide to studying Psychology, helping over half a million students during its 30 years of publication.
- Easily access psychological theories and research with user-friendly content and useful features including summaries, critical discussion and research updates.
- Develop evaluative skills, with new evaluation boxes, encouraging students to put classic and contemporary studies into context.
- Consolidate understanding by identifying common misconceptions.
- Stay up to date with revised content and the latest psychological research.
- Understand the research process with updated contributions from leading Psychologists including Elizabeth Loftus, Alex Haslam and David Canter.
1. What is this thing called Psychology?
2. Theoretical approaches to Psychology
3. Psychology as a science
PART 2: THE BIOLOGICAL BASIS OF BEHAVIOUR AND EXPERIENCE
4. The nervous system
5. Sensory processes
7. States of consciousness and bodily rhythms
8. Addictive behaviour
11. Learning and conditioning
12. Application: Health Psychology
PART 3: COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY
14. Pattern recognition
15. Perception: processes and theories
16. The development of perceptual abilities
17. Memory and forgetting
18. Language and thought
19. Language acquisition
20. Problem-solving, decision-making and artificial intelligence
21. Application: Cognition and the law
PART 4: SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY
22. Social perception
24. Attitudes and attitude change
25. Prejudice and discrimination
26. Conformity and group influence
28. Interpersonal relationships
29. Aggression and antisocial behaviour
30. Altruism and prosocial behaviour
31. Application: The Social Psychology of Sport
PART 5: DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY
32. Early experience and social development
33. Development of the self-concept
34. Cognitive development
35. Moral development
36. Gender development
39. Old age
40. Application: Exceptional development
PART 6: INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES
43. Psychological abnormality: definitions and classification
45. Treatments and therapies
46. Application: Criminological Psychology
PART 7: ISSUES AND DEBATES
47. Bias in psychological theory and research
48. Ethical issues in Psychology
49. Free will and determinism, and reductionism
50. Nature and nurture
Download Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour, 8th Edition PDF or ePUB format free