- eBook:The Art of Network Penetration Testing: How to take over any company in the world
- Author:Royce Davis
- Data:December 29, 2020
- Pages:304 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
The Art of Network Penetration Testing teaches you how to take over an enterprise network from the inside. It lays out every stage of an internal security assessment step-by-step,showing you how to identify weaknesses before a malicious invader can do real damage.
After setting up a virtual environment to use as your lab, you'll work step-by-step through every stage of a professional pentest, from information- gathering to seizing control of a vulnerable system.
You'll learn a repeatable process you can use to identify vulnerable targets within a typical enterprise environment, perform controlled exploitation of critical security weaknesses, elevate network level privileges, and pivot laterally through the network. Finally, you'll learn how to write-up your findings in a clear and actionable report, to ensure that remediated systems can be protected against the weaknesses you've identified.
PHASE 1 - INFORMATION GATHERING
2. Discovering network hosts
3. Discovering network services
4. Discovering network vulnerabilities
PHASE 2 - FOCUSED PENETRATION
5. Attacking vulnerable web services
6. Attacking vulnerable database services
7. Attacking unpatched services
PHASE 3 - POST-EXPLOITATION AND PRIVILEGE ESCALATION
8. Windows post-exploitation
9. Linux or UNIX post-exploitation
10. Controlling the entire network
PHASE 4 - DOCUMENTATION
11. Post-engagement cleanup
12. Writing a solid pentest deliverable