Beginning with an overview of ultrasound and its applications, the next chapters discuss basic physics of ultrasound, modes of ultrasonography, and Doppler imaging.
The following sections cover the use of ultrasound in different critical care situations including for vascular access, in acute respiratory distress syndrome, for cardiac evaluation, in neurocritical care, in the ICU, and more.
The book concludes with clinical case scenarios and guidance on infection control and legal issues in ICU sonography.
The comprehensive text is further enhanced by more than 300 ultrasound images, figures and tables to assist learning.
- Comprehensive guide to the use of ultrasound in critical care
- Includes discussion on basic physics and modes of ultrasound
- Provides clinical case scenarios and guidance on infection control
- Features more than 300 ultrasound images, figures and tables
1B. Applications in Critical Care Medicine
1C. Should Intensivist do the Ultrasonography: Guidelines, Qualification, Experience and Training?
2A. Basic Physics of Ultrasound and the Doppler Phenomenon
2B. Modes of Ultrasonography
2C. Doppler Imaging
3. Ultrasound for Vascular Access
4A. Airway Ultrasound
4B. Ultrasound-guided Percutaneous Dilatational Tracheostomy and Cricothyrotomy
5. Lung Ultrasound
6. Chest Ultrasound in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
7. Ultrasonography in Cardiac Evaluation
8. Volume Status Assessment and Predicting Volume Responsiveness
9. Ultrasound in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
10. Ultrasound-guided Therapeutic Procedures in Intensive Care Unit
11. Ultrasonography in Neurocritical Care
12. Focused Assessment Sonography of Trauma
13. Abdominal Ultrasonography intThe Intensive Care Unit
14. Blue, Falls, and Sesame Protocol
15A. Ultrasound of Diaphragm
15B. Ultrasonography for Assessment of Muscles Dysfunction in ICU
15C. Ultrasonography in Deep Vein Thrombosis
15D. Clinical Case Scenarios
15E. Infection Control and Legal Issues in ICU Sonography
Download Ultrasound in Critical Care PDF or ePUB format free