With remarkable clarity, Drs. Bernard Sklar and fred harris introduce every digital communication technology at the heart of today’s wireless and Internet revolutions, with completely new chapters on synchronization, OFDM, and MIMO.
Building on the field’s classic, best-selling introduction, the authors provide a unified structure and context for helping students and professional engineers understand each technology, without sacrificing mathematical precision. They illuminate the big picture and details of modulation, coding, and signal processing, tracing signals and processing steps from information source through sink. Throughout, readers will find numeric examples, step-by-step implementation guidance, and diagrams that place key concepts in clear context.
- Understand signals, spectra, modulation, demodulation, detection, communication links, system link budgets, synchronization, fading, and other key concepts
- Apply channel coding techniques, including advanced turbo coding and LDPC
- Explore multiplexing, multiple access, and spread spectrum concepts and techniques
- Learn about source coding: amplitude quantizing, differential PCM, and adaptive prediction
- Discover the essentials and applications of synchronization, OFDM, and MIMO technology
This Third Edition includes online access to additional examples and material on the book’s website.
2. Formatting and Baseband Modulation
3. Baseband Demodulation/Detection
4. Bandpass Modulation and Demodulation/Detection
5. Communications Link Analysis
6. Channel Coding: Part 1: Waveform Codes and Block Codes
7. Channel Coding: Part 2: Convolutional Codes and Reed–Solomon Codes
8. Channel Coding: Part 3: Turbo Codes and Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) Codes
9. Modulation and Coding Trade-Offs
11. Multiplexing and Multiple Access
12. Spread-Spectrum Techniques
13. Source Coding
14. Fading Channels
15. The ABCs of OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiplexing)
16. The Magic of Mimo (Multiple Input/Multiple Output)
Download Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications PDF or ePUB format free