The anecdotes, stories, evidence, facts, arguments, logic, principles, and techniques provided in this book have helped individuals and businesses engage in slow creation cycles, improve the morale of their development teams, and increased their delivery potential of their technology solutions overall.
Average Joe covers:
- Genius - The systematic deconstruction and debunking of the commonly held assumptions in the tech industry around supreme intelligence, and how that intelligence has been worshipped and sought after, despite the facts.
- Slow Creation - How to force-manufacture creative ideation. How conscious and subconscious cycles of patterns, details, and secrets can lead to breakthrough innovations, and how those P.D.S. cycles, and systematic mental grappling, can be conjured and repeated on a regular basis.
- Little-C Creativity - The conscious and miniature moments of epiphany that leak into our active P.D.S. cycles of Slow Creation.
- Flow - Why it's great, but also - why it's completely unreliable and unnecessary. How to perpetually innovate without relying on a flow state.
- Team Installation - How teams and companies can engage their employees in Slow Creation to unlock dormant ideas, stir up creative endeavors, and jumpstart fragile ideas into working products.
- User Manipulation - How tech products are super-charged with tricks, secret techniques, and neural transmitters like Dopamine, Oxytocin, and Cortisol; how those products leverage cognitive mechanisms and psychological techniques to force user adoption and user behaviors.
- Contrarianism - How oppositional and backward-thinking leaders create brand-new categories and the products which dominate those categories.
- Showmanship - How tech players have presented their ideas to the world, conjured up magic, manufactured mystique, and presented compelling stories that have captured their audiences.
- Sustainable Mystique Triad – A simple model for capturing audiences consistently without relying on hype and hustle.
2. The Myth of Genius
3. Creativity: Person vs. Process
4. The Dropbox Miracle
5. The Coveted, Unreliable Flow State
6. Patterns, Details, and Secrets
7. Make Me Click
8. Becoming Contrarian
9. The Science of Showmanship
11. Revisiting the Myth of the Tech Genius
Download Average Joe: Be the Silicon Valley Tech Genius PDF or ePUB format free