- eBook:Drawing from the Model: Fundamentals of Digital Drawing, 3D Modeling, and Visual Programming in Architectural Design
- Author:Frank Melendez
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:April 16, 2019
- Pages:352 pages
Drawing from the Model: Fundamentals of Digital Drawing, 3D Modeling, and Visual Programming in Architectural Design presents architectural design students, educators, and professionals with a broad overview of traditional and contemporary architectural representation methods. The book offers insights into developments in computing in relation to architectural drawing and modeling, by addressing historical analog methods of architectural drawing based on descriptive geometry and projection, and transitioning to contemporary digital methods based on computational processes and emerging technologies.
Drawing from the Model offers digital tools, techniques, and workflows for producing architectural design drawings (plans, sections, elevations, axonometrics, and perspectives), using contemporary 2D drawing and 3D modeling design software. Visual programming is introduced to address topics of parametric modeling, algorithmic design, computational simulations, physical computing, and robotics. The book focuses on digital design software used in higher education and industry, including Robert McNeel & Associates Rhinoceros®(Rhino 6 for Windows), Grasshopper®, Adobe Illustrator® CC, and Arduino, and features an appendix filled with 10 design drawing and 3D modeling exercises intended as educational and pedagogical examples for readers to practice and/or teach workflows that are addressed in the book.
- Bridges analog hand-drawing and digital design drawing techniques
- Provides comprehensive coverage of architectural representation, computing, computer-aided drafting, and 3D modeling tools, techniques, and workflows, for contemporary architectural design drawing aesthetics and graphics.
- Introduces topics of parametric modeling, algorithmic design, computational simulation, physical computing, and robotics through visual programming environments and processes.
- Features tutorial-based instruction using the latest versions of Rhinoceros® (Rhino 6 for Windows), Grasshopper®, Adobe Illustrator® CC, and Arduino.
Chapter 1. Architectural Drawing
Chapter 2. Architectural Models
Chapter 3. Architecture and Computing
Part 2 - 3D Modeling and Geometry
Chapter 4. The 3D Modeling Environment
Chapter 5. 2D Drawing
Chapter 6. 3D Modeling
Chapter 7. Generating Linework
Part 3 - Architectural Design Drawings and Graphics
Chapter 8. Generating 2D Projections
Chapter 9. Architectural Design Drawings
Part 4 - Computational Design
Chapter 10. Parameters and Algorithms
Chapter 11. Visual Programming
Chapter 12. Geometric Patterns
Chapter 13. Parametric Modeling
Chapter 14. Simulations and Data Visualizations
Chapter 15. Robotics and Physical Computing
Download Drawing from the Model: Fundamentals of Digital Drawing, 3D Modeling, and Visual Programming in Architectural Design PDF or ePUB format free